Monday, December 27, 2010

Product Review: William Rast for Target Biker Jacket


Overall, I found the William Rast for Target collection pretty ho-hum. However, today in a Target store that I don't normally visit I happened upon one of the leather jackets in the collection (shown here). And I have to say, I've definitely overwhelmed by the quality of this piece. I didn't bother trying it on as it was a size small (and normally in Target's designer collaborations I take a large) but I inspected it well and was impressed by the look, feel, and finish. Not only is the leather buttery soft, but it's lined in a rich satin. All the stiching seems even as well, and I love the fact that the jacket isn't too short and cropped.

I've eyed Target's designer leather in the past - like the Zac Posen lipstick red number from earlier this year (too bright a color for me) and the Tracy Feith one from 2009 (which was cut way too short). But both paled in comparison to the William Rast one, and I may just bite the bullet and nab one (IF I can find it in my size, of course!).

3 comments:

Marie said...

That looks fab, wish I had a reason to buy one right now myself, but have to hold off and may miss out. Sigh.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

WriterInTheRun. said...

The William Rast Leather Jacket is completely sold out in Target. But I browsed online and you can find it on new on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250786731930&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Unknown said...

nice post
Leather Biker Jacketlove it