Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tuesday's Rant: Valentine's stuff already out at Target


A year ago, I ranted about Target already having Valentine's Day merchandise out on Dec. 26th. Well this year, the Bullseye started even earlier. Two days before Christmas (Dec. 23rd) I spied this Valentine dinnerware (shown) on the store shelves. I also noticed heart-themed sleepwear in the lingerie department. And by yesterday, Target again had replaced all their Christmas cards with valentines. I don't know about you, but the LAST thing I want to think about in my post-holiday daze is Valentine's Day! Can't we just get to New Year's first??

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It could be worse. Much worse: http://storiesinmypocket.wordpress.com/2010/12/22/this-is-an-abomination/

Karen Larson said...

I was in a Target store on Dec 22 in MN and saw Valentine items also-my thought...you've got to be kidding?

Elizabeth said...

I KNOW!! I saw the sleepwear too, and was annoyed!!! Use to be that they didn't put any Valentine's stuff out until close to the end of January, and I would be hunting all over for stuff. Now they do it early. I was happy however that I didn't see any spring stuff, like t shirts and cruise wear stuff like swim suits etc. I think i would almost rather see the Valentine stuff.

Shelley said...

my store has clearanced and long since SOLD OUT of all jackets and coats.... in favor of a huge selection of swim suits. yes, we live at the beach. no, we will not be swimming in the cold beach water...

Anonymous said...

I saw St. patrick's day stuff at the Target by my house!

Anonymous said...

Well I happen to like that. I don't want to buy a pair of valentine pj's and only wear them for 2 months. Sure, I can wear them after and probably will, but it's more fun to wear them in anticipation of. Valentine's day is one of the most fun holidays for me because I like to show people how much I care for them! Anyway, it makes no sense for a retailer to put holiday merchandise out 2 weeks before a holiday. They wouldn't sell hardly anything and then probably wouldn't even try the next year. This is my weekly rant on your blog because normally I love it. :)