Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Double-Take: Xhilaration vs. Joie


It’s time for another double-take, where we try to guess which item is from an expensive designer brand, and which one is from Tar-jay. You may have noticed that sequins were shown all over the runway for Fall, and as the Holiday season approaches I'd expect to see even more of them in stores. A sequined tank is an easy way to add the trend to your wardrobe without breaking the bank, expecially if you pick the $17.99 Xhilaration version (at Target) over the crazy-expensive Joie one (over $200 at Zappos!). Care to guess which is which? The answer appears in the comments section.

4 comments:

Target Addict said...

The tank on the left is the pricey one from Joie, and the one on the right is the wallet-friendly one from Xhilaration.

Anonymous said...

Dear Target Addict,

I really like your blog. I definitely know what Target addiction can be like!!

Target does many things well (store design, convenience, variety, low prices), yet I was very impressed with a recent ‘brochure’ that I picked up when exiting at a store in Texas.

The brochure speaks to the holy grail of ‘community’. Yes, Target survives by making $, yet it is nice to know that there’s more to the bullseye.

Watch my take:
http://dannaden.com/2010/10/25/building-community-is-an-emotional-event/

Thank you.
Keep up the fine work.

Dan Naden
Naden's Corner

Lydia said...

Love your blog. I don't know how to email you so I'll leave this comment on your "cute top" post. I went to Target to try to buy my Mom some more stylish clothing, shopping in the Plus size section. What are they thinking? There were several sweaters with horizontal stripes! and double-breasted coats!, both of which make people who are already heavy look even bigger and wider. NOT FLATTERING. I left without buying her a thing, but might go back and get a solid top -- but I can buy those anywhere. What is wrong with them? I hadn't paid any attention before, but it is like they put no thought whatsoever into the plus-size things they sell. A shame, because there were plenty of plus size women in there that day.

Target Addict said...

Hi Lydia! Yes, Target leaves a lot to be desired in the Plus Size dept. Not the greatest selection there. That is definitely an area for improvement for the Bullseye!