Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Returns Department...


I hope this doesn't turn into a regular feature here on my blog, but from time to time I DO return items to Target that at first I was in love with. So in the spirit of full disclosure, I bring you the first installment of The Returns Department.

A couple of weeks ago I bought this Pleated Tulle Dress by Anna Sui, and at first I was smitten. I even tried the dress on in store to make sure I liked it, and was convinced it was a "hit". And I wasn't the only one who liked it, as it seems to have sold out already on Target.com.

But alas, upon reflection - and trying it on again in the comfort of my own home - I now realize it is a "miss". The dress still is super cute, IMO, but just not cute enough on ME to warrant keeping it. Therefore, I'll be returning it this week.

BTW: Angie from the YouLookFab blog gives similar advice in this piece for The Today Show (see video below). She advises that "if you get it home, and don't absolutely love it, then return it!". I couldn't agree more.

2 comments:

Kym said...

With the amount of clothes, shoes & bags that I purshase from Target, there is inevitabley something that just doesn't work and must be returned. I love that I have never had any problem returning anything - yesterdy I bought a green bag that was on clearance. After I had driven maybe 1/2 mile from the store, I realized that I had another bag the same colour. I turned around, went back in & was able to exchange it for the black version in mere seconds. Love Target!

Anonymous said...

I feel like a lot of things I buy from target, end up being disposable clothing. I always say I'll return them, but end up throwing them away or donating them... how sad!