Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday's Rant: not enough mirrors in the Women's Dept.


Most Tuesdays I take the opportunity to rant about something I do not like about Target… because although I love ‘em to death, they ain’t perfect. Today's rant is something that's bothered me for a LONG time about Target: that they don't have enough full-length mirrors in the Women's Department. Most Targets I know of only have one - if any - on display, and that scant mirror is pretty hard to find (usually tucked away in a far corner). I don't know about you, but I find this maddening. 9 times out of 10, all I want to do is to hold something up to me, or to throw on a coat or jacket over what I'm wearing to see how it looks, in order to avoid a trip to the dressing rooms. But Target makes this virtually impossible by making little to no mirrors available. Very frustrating!

7 comments:

tooblonde1 said...

I too hate the lack of mirrors! I remember when Target had them throughout the womens department and now you must travel to the back of the store and fully into the dressing room to see a mirror. why?

Lola said...

I never really thought about this but it's true! Thinking about my favorite Target, I think there's only one mirror in the whole women's clothing department, and it's sort of on a corner where women's turns into juniors. I never think to look in it, but I always catch a glimpse of myself in it when I walk past (which is very disconcerting). I also hate using the dressing rooms there. So usually I just end up buying a bunch of stuff and returning what doesn't fit me when I try it on at home. (A bad habit to get into...)

Cheryl said...

Let me add to the rant about the lack of mirrors! I also love Target, but I don't know what they are thinking about regarding mirrors. They don't cost a lot and Target has lost sales from me because I did not feel like going to the fitting room and trying something on sale. They REALLY need to fix this!

Robin said...

I agree. In my target there are at all.
I can't stand it.

Robin
http://threadbearthoughts.blogspot.com/

Kat said...

I hear you. They're also lacking them in the shoes and accessories areas. Positively miffing.

Trace said...

Gosh I completely agree with this!! I've never understood it. Same thing in the accessories area. Really, I think I would buy more if there were more mirrors around to see how stuff looks on me quickly!

Target-Addict said...

I'm glad so many of you readers are with me on this! And Lola, I'm afraid I've gotten into the same habit that you have -- of buying a bunch of stuff, trying it on in the comfort of my own home, and then returning what I don't like.