Friday, March 7, 2014

The Look for Less: Mossimo vs. Helmut Lang

This installment is brought to you by eagle-eye reader Mary Anne, who sent me this suggestion for a post. While not exactly a double-take, the Helmut Lang Paneled Print Dress (available at Nordstrom) on the left bears a striking resemblance to the Mossimo Banded Print Dress (at Target) on the right. Both are sleeveless sheath-style black and white print frocks, but the Helmut Lang one will set you back $310 (and that's on SALE, folks - down from $620!) whereas the Mossimo one only costs $27.99.

1 comment:

58 Cherries said...

I noticed the Mossimo dress at the store. Very pretty. If I was thinner I'd buy it, but I don't think it'd suit my too curvy frame, sadly. I think it is one of the better dresses I've seen there in awhile. Exhileration, meanwhile, has been making dresses that look like bad home ec projects lately. HORRIBLE prints - why oh why must they make such ugly prints? Last summer was one of the worst I'd seen. And they were mixing prints - which is great when done the right way, but when done by someone that must be colorblind...it makes me wonder who the heck okayed it?!!