Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Napoleon Perdis’ NP Set for Target

From the Star-Tribune (Minn-St. Paul) here are 5 questions for Target’s in-house makeup artist Napoleon Perdis:

Q How did you get the name Napoleon?
A I'm a Greek Australian. I'm the first son and therefore I take my grandfather's name. Now my father wants to charge me royalties. It kind of works! People don't forget you.

Q What's your philosophy toward makeup?
A With Napoleon Perdis, the prestige line, it's like the red carpet. It's a customized, professional line. I have three belief systems. You do mascara first because that forms a map for the face and the eyes. You do primer -- not to prime is a crime because that allows you to reactivate skin and foundation so it lasts longer and it's smoother. Do lip liner last because you can hold the lip intact longer. The NP Set line (for Target) is the after-party. It's easy, breezy and it's destination-oriented.

Q How did you get started?
A Women in Australia want this natural freshness with this touch of European glamour. We have such a fresh image: Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman, Isla Fisher, and Melissa George, who is on "Grey's Anatomy" now. I go into heartland America, I find that American women need that oasis of love more than their European counterparts.

Q Is your Target line on shelves indefinitely?
A Yes, we have at least a three-year contract. Target's really respectful. They appreciate design; they appreciate creativity. With my photo, (which I love!) and my philosophy and my ability to preach beauty as I see it, I'm honored and humbled.

Q How did you come up with the Minneapolis shade of lipstick?
A After three trips to Minneapolis, I realized women in Minneapolis love a soft pink, no matter what age. They've all got this natural lip going so here it is -- the perfect pink.

No comments: