Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hayden-Harnett: kind of a let down...


Well, after all the build-up and hype, I was finally able to view the Hayden-Harnett bag collection up close and personal yesterday at Target. And, I hate to say it, but it was kind of a let down. This bag (shown) in particular, plus the flap-bag made of the same brown PVC faux-leather material, just looks CHEAP to me.

The Flight Bag I'd had my eye on was also a disappointment. While it's attractive, and a great size for travel (hence the name, I suppose) again the material (this time cotton canvas) seems thin and not sturdy enough to hold up to normal wear. And at $50, I'd rather spend my cash on something that's apt to last more than just one season.

I will say, however, that the cute clutch I showed the other day IS pretty snazzy, and probably the one bag of the bunch I'll actually buy. I didn't realize that the coin purse is actually attached to the outside of the bag, which is a fun and practical touch.

No comments: