Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Target is really pushing the new Auden line...

The other day I blogged about Target's new size-inclusive lingerie line Auden. Then I got to check it out in the store, and as you can see from this pic, Target is really pushing this new brand, dedicating a lot of floor space to it and making it look more like a "department store" line than a discount chain one. With the amount of room Auden is taking up, I noticed that some other brands - like Gilligan & O'Malley and Beauty by Bali - have disappeared, although they still seem to be offered online. The large Auden footprint also has sacrificed the amount of space dedicated to Athletic Apparel, which frustrates me as Target was already reducing the offerings of my favorite C9 by Champion brand.

Overall, I think that Auden is nicely displayed, and comes in a nice range of colors and styles. However, I also don't think it's anything that special compared to other Target intimate brands. And as one of my readers pointed out in the comments, the size range is still lacking in some sizes. What do you think, readers? Have you checked out Auden yet, and if so, are you a fan?

4 comments:

JCH said...

I believe C9 is being phased-out or greatly reduced. Watch for first quarter 2020 launch of cross category women’s and men’s “All In Motion” + “All Go” + “Acts Of Movement.” Possibly going to be eventful “deep” brands, with apparel, accessories, exercise equipment, supplements, etc.

You are quite accurate in your assessment of the in-store merchandising being very reminiscent of a traditional department store. Customers really like the delineation of the “boutique concept” and the trend is towards a much more immersive branding experience.

spokanikki said...

Oh no!! Please don't tell me C9 is being phased-out. They are the last of the old brands that I still like. In fact, they are the only clothing at all that I still buy at Target. My Target Redcard use has really decreased over the last two years due to the clothing brand changes.

Target Addict said...

JCH, thanks for your insights. I personally don't like the lingerie department taking over the space for athletic apparel. I visited a different store yesterday. - not quite a "City Target" footprint, but a smaller format store - and they had eliminated ALL women's athletic apparel in favor of the new Auden brand. I will be super sad if they do eliminate C9 altogether; as I've blogged about before, I'm not a fan of Joy Lab and the other trendy athletic brands, with their cropped styles and odd cutouts everywhere.

And Spokanikki, my Target RedCard use has totally decreased over the past couple of years, too. That's why I don't blog as much as I used to: because I'm just not enamored with Target like I used to be :-(

LightPurpleBird said...

Im so sad! My favorite underwear and really the only ones I like wearing by Gilligan Omalley are GONE! I can't find them anywhere online. :(