Thursday, December 31, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...


Happy Early New Year, Readers! Can you believe that 2010 is almost here? I can't; where did the last decade go??

Since this time of year is full of reflection and "best of" lists, I thought I'd compose one of my own. Here's a list of my "favorite things" that I bought at Target this past year, in no particular order:

The Merona Collection - I haven't even had a chance to blog about some of my recent purchases, but I'm a real fan of this line of women's wear. I still miss Isaac Mizrahi's designs, but the Merona Collection is a close second and a great substitute.

Converse One Star - Likewise, I feel I just can't go wrong with Converse One Star. More and more items in my closet are coming from this line, both for me and my hubby.

Orla Keily for Target - This was definitely the best Target designer collaboration of 2009. My one regret was not buying more items from this line.

Assets by Sara Blakely - This line of shapewear by the founder of Spanx (only at more wallet-friendly prices) is a lifesaver, especially this time of year when we're all carrying a few extra holiday pounds.

C9 by Champion Performance Pants - And speaking of those extra pounds, one of my New Year's resolutions is to work them off in my favorite workout pants by C9.

Archer Farm's Imported Italian Pasta - Still my family's favorite brand, and now if I don't happen to use it, they notice. I plan to try their pasta sauce next (and just bought a jar of the Arrabbiata) and will let you know how we like it.

Greenroom Eco Stationery - I love the bright & colorful designs, plus the fact that everything is made from 100% post-consumer waste recycled paper and soy-based ink. Right now, in fact, I'm staring at two of their cheery notepads sitting on my desk.

Mossimo Verla Ballet Flats - I've worn these to 4 holiday parties in the past couple of weeks, and gotten compliments each and every time.

Smith & Hawken Bulb Kits - I was lucky to snag two more of these (at 50% off!) the other day, and gave the red Amaryllis to my mom and kept the Paperwhites for myself.

Lume Luxe Candles - Still my favorite fragrant candles for the money. Beautiful illumination, attractively packaged, at a wonderful price.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Here's a toast back to you. Though mine is cream soda right now. I have teens over who are crashing the night here. Much better than mine on the road. Happy New Year!

Marie said...

I am excited about some new lines, but oh do I love me some I. Mizrahi! I miss finding his things at my Target so much! Happy NY~
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge