Thursday, October 9, 2008

Devoted to Derian

As I blogged about a month ago now, John Derian’s collection for Target has hit stores. And it seems the entire stock has been flying off the shelves. According to Racked.com. devoted Derian fans have been buying up stock in record numbers, and the trays in particular are hard to come by. I didn’t know what all the fuss was about until while on vacation, when I came upon a lovely little store called The Carmel Bay Company and found myself standing in front of a whole wall of Derian wares. Up close and personal, his original retail collection is hand-crafted and special. And then I saw Target’s budget line… and frankly, I still don’t understand all the buzz. Target’s line doesn’t come close to the quality or uniqueness of Derian’s main line. I guess that's what you get when you compare something mass-produced with something handmade.

No comments: