Tuesday, August 5, 2008

New at Target: “Smarty Dish “ from Method

When Method introduced a new eco-friendly dishwasher detergent called "Smarty Dish" – sans phosphates and bleach – the primary question was "Does it really work?" Because how eco-friendly is it to be nontoxic if you've got to wash your dishes twice? (thereby wasting precious water).

Well, in a nonscientific trial run, no dishes had to be washed twice. And in fact, Smarty Dish performed even better than some of the toxic stuff tried previously. (Method's marketing brochure suggests that might happen.)
Smarty Dish will debut at Target and other Method retailers around mid-August for about $6 for a box with 20 one-use tablets. And although they kinda look like candy, eating them is not recommended.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I love Method. I've been slowly weaning out my old products and replacing with Method. I'd like to try Smarty Dish, but I really don't want to have to run my dishwasher twice ... we'll see on that one.