Monday, June 4, 2018

Clearance Alert: Opalhouse

I snapped this shot several days ago at one of my local Target stores... if you zoom in, you'll see dozens of little red clearance stickers on this display for Opalhouse.  This line is beautiful, and there's lots of great buys to be had. It makes me wonder why this line isn't selling out faster, but perhaps stores are making room for BTS/dorm room merchandise - ?

Speaking of sales: have you noticed that the Hearth & Hand with Magnolia hardly ever goes on sale? I can count on one hand the amount of H&H merch I've seen on clearance. And what happened to Hunter for Target? It seemed like once the collab was over, it was OVER; the leftovers never hit the clearance racks and seemed to be removed from stores within a month of launching in stores.

4 comments:

amy r said...

The last time I walked by the Hunter display, they had the tall boots (men's in black) I grabbed them for my husband - but did some of the tall boots get released? (They were on sale , I think I paid a little more than $20 for them)

ann said...

Targets might operate differently here in Minnesota. H & H items frequently go on clearance here, but that may be because H & H is more oriented toward 'Southern tastes', I was told. Magnolia isn't really aimed at the Great White North. Locally, the number of Opalhouse items that went on clearance was pretty limited. Hunter went to 70% off at some Minneapolis stores, and this week it moved to general clearance racks. I saw some women's tall boots, but they were in the very large sizes.

Critifur said...

I personally feel that Target is pushing too much at once. There are just too many lines, both in home goods and fashion. They just remodeled the Target I custom the most often, and while it was in progress, I thought it was going to be a nice update. That Mall stores and other retailers could learn from Target. Upon seeing the end result, I think Target has decided to become more like Mall stores. I liked Target because it is easy to visually navigate, shelving units did not tower over you (for the most part) and if they were tall units, at least they were wide aisles. Now they have so much product, it seems they felt it necessary to build taller shelving and walls closer together. It has become claustrophobic and overwhelming. The new colors and lighting is wonderful, but fixtures and selection is too much to deal with. I was awestruck by how chaotic and overloaded the clothing departments were. I was very surprised how uncomfortable it made me.

Target Addict said...

Critifur: I wholeheartedly agree with you. Target (for me, anyhow) has started to become overwhelming will all their diverse offerings, and I wish their products were more carefully curated. That's one reason why I'm not shopping there as often anymore, and hence, not blogging as much. I just don't have the same "love" for Target I used to have :-(