Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Hearth and Hand: Sale on SOME items

Yesterday I visited a Target store in San Jose I don't usually go to, and left confused by their markdowns. While the Hearth and Hand with Magnolia wrapping paper and trim and holiday ornaments were 50% off in the store, they're only 40% off online. To further confound things, the store had many items (like this doormat) in the clearance section, but it still rang up at full price. On the other hand, these adorable stoneware dessert bowls with gold trim rang up half off in the store, but are still full price online. The takeaway here is that if you find something from H&H in stores, price-check it before you assume it's on sale.

4 comments:

meresu said...

Also price check it with the in store scanners. I scanned some things with the target app and they were showing more expensive than the store's actual price.

Unknown said...

I had an opposite - app showed lower price than the scanner, so I asked the cashier to adjust accordingly.

Target Addict - what store in SJ did you visit? Just curious.

I made a mistake of going to one on Story Rd (the only store in the area that had an item I needed in stock) - never again! Clearance section looked like the battleground field, broken plates from H and H collection mixed with teddy bears and ornaments.

Target Addict said...

Unknown: I was at the San Jose Westgate store. The scene there was similar to your experience: everything a jumbled mess!

Target Addict said...

Meresu: yes, the in-store price scanners are helpful IF they work. Sometimes I visit a store and all the scanners are 'offline', which is very annoying!