Wednesday, May 3, 2017

VB for Target hits the clearance racks...

As my fellow blogger The Recessionista posted over the weekend, the racks at Target are overflowing with returns from the Victoria Beckham for Target collab. After initial brisk sales on launch day, my local Target had scaled back to just one crammed rack. But after a couple of weeks, they had to add more racks to accommodate all the returns. And now - as shown here - the collab has been marked down to 30% off, both in stores and online.

This pic is from a store near my work, and I only saw women's wear - whereas my local store was piling all the returns (women's, baby and girl's) together  So if you're looking for the kids or baby stuff, check those separate departments. Of the women's items, I saw lots of the pale pink and mint green lace, the bold black/white prints, and the bright orange and pink - all in a variety of sizes.

Sadly, I expect this collab to face further markdowns, as it's just not moving. Plus, I expect even MORE returns, as customers who purchased items with their Target RedCard have up until May 9th (30 days after the line's debut) to return items (vs. the regular return window of 14-days for designer collabs).

3 comments:

TPA200 said...

Not impressed. Very boring and poor quality.

58 Cherries said...

I miss not surprised. I found it boring.

Amy said...

I found the bumblebee scarf yesterday. I think it was returned. I was so happy because it was really the only thing I wanted from the collection!