Sunday, November 16, 2014

TOMS + Target debuts today; will you be buying?

As a reminder, the TOMS + Target line launches today, both in stores and online. While I love the intent behind the brand and this collab - giving away a portion of each purchase to those in need - this isn't a collection I'm particularly excited about. Most of the items look pretty ordinary, and there are no "must-haves" IMO. To that end, I won't be reviewing this collection, but for a full review check out this post by The Recessionista. I agree with her that the poncho (shown here) is attractive but not hugely functional. Despite that, though, this item is already sold out on Target.com in both colors.

What about you out there, readers? Is this a collab you've looked forward to, and if so, what will you be buying from it?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out Target Addict. The poncho sold out on-line too :) It's just very pretty, but it won't keep you warm. Did you get one? Buy anything from this one? For me, it's like a very thin blanket.

Target Addict said...

Mary: I did check out the line in person at Target today, but wasn't impressed by anything enough to buy it. IMO the t-shirts and sweatshirts seemed very thin and not of great quality. My local store did have 2 of the ponchos left, but I think by the time I left they'd been snapped up. Like you said, they were pretty but not very functional and also very long! [meaning geared towards taller gals].

Casey said...

I purchased a green hoodie. I love hoodies! But the fit isn't the best so I may return or give it away. I also purchased the tote bag as our town is plastic free so you can never have enough bags! ☺️.

Unknown said...

I didn't see the ponchos at my store but I wasn't really impressed with the stuff they did have. Such a bummer because I really liked the way it looked online.