Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Target rolls out new self-checkout interface...

Yesterday I blogged about Target's new look in the Women's Department, and today I'm highlighting another recent change: a re-designed self-checkout computer interface. Shown here is the screen from my local store; everything is 'bigger' and 'bolder', from the font size to graphics. The annoying 'voice' feature is also gone - the one that would prompt you to scan each item and then say 'thank you for shopping at Target' at the end of your transaction.

I welcome this change; it seemed like my checkout went faster and smoother with this updated system. Overall I'm not a fan of self-checkout, but this improvement might encourage me to use it more often. Now it's your turn, readers: has your store rolled out this new interface yet, and if so, what are your thoughts?

No comments: