Monday, July 31, 2017

Target's new look in the Women's Department...

This past weekend my husband accompanied me on my Target run (which is a rare occurrence) and as we walked by the Women's Dept, he commented on how much it has changed. Actually, the changes in my store happened several weeks ago, with the goal for it to look more like a "boutique" with capsule collections rather than a traditional department store. Whether or not these changes will encourage shoppers to buy more (or even try things on) I'm not sure. While I do like the mannequins and they way they've curated the outfits, I do NOT like the shoes stacked up at the bottom of the racks. It looks a bit cheap, especially since they only feature one style shoe. I don't know about you, but if I want shoes, I'll look in the shoe department - not womenswear.

What about you, readers? Do you like the changes Target is rolling out, or have you even noticed?

3 comments:

floating thru fields said...

yes I like the boutique look with the mannequins but I don't like the shoes and accessories merchandised with the clothes necessarily :\

I always enjoy your posts :)

https://floatingthrufields.blogspot.com/

Christine said...

I'm with you! I don't like the shoes and accessories all over the place. Our shoe, handbag and jewelry departments have shrunk to nearly nothing!
Also, they have added a Starbucks but removed the Target cafe... no more popcorn!

Doll said...

Agreed here. Not a fan of having to look for things outside of the expected department.