Monday, November 10, 2008

Great buys in store

Not sure about your neck of the woods, but my local Target stores have some GREAT deals going on right now. In the post-Halloween aisle, not only are there some incredible discounts on leftover Halloween decorations, costumes, and candy, but there also seem to be a lot of harvest-themed home décor items thrown in there. I saw many straw pumpkins, cornucopias, and Fall-colored candles and sconces – all perfect for the Thanksgiving season – at a full 75% off!

And then in women’s clothing I counted – not joking here – ten full racks of clothes (shoved near the back of the department) at 75% off! I overheard another shopper ask a Target employee “what’s with all the clearance merchandise?” to which she replied “our store ordered too much stock for this past month, so now we need to clear it out.” To give you an idea of the crazy deals: I got this adorable Mossimo sweater dress (and believe me, it’s much cuter on than it looks on the hanger) marked down to $4.61!! [vs. the regular price – still shown on their web site – of $27.99].

Of course, the deals (and selection) vary by store. For instance, the Target near my work was heavy on the holiday/decoration clearance stuff, whereas the one near my house was laden with the women’s clothing clearance.

1 comment:

The Hesterbrarian said...

My Target only had two 75 off racks. I was bummed. :( But I did get some "out of my comfort zone" type jewelry for 75 off. I have such Target issues. I could go there everyday. I need help!