Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Returns Department...


It’s time for another installment of The Returns Department, a sporadic feature on my blog in which I share with you an impulse buy that went awry. With the Calypso St. Barth for Target collection now on sale, I'm prompted to give second thoughts to some of the Calpso items I bought back in early May that I haven't even worn yet. One of those items is this print dress in "Cerise Queen". Online, I thought the dress was more of a bright raspberry pink; in reality, it's more of a strawberry red. And even though I usually wear both pinks and reds, this dress just doesn't look good on me... and certainly isn't as flattering as it is on my friend and fellow blogger Lemondrop Marie. Therefore, this dress will be going back to my local Target store.

2 comments:

Marie said...

You are too kind! I bought a size up so that I could have length enough to be satisfied that I could sit without embarrassing myself. I bought online too and was surprised at the color a bit. But I didn't have anything like it in the closet and decided the light weight would work for the heat!It was a bit pricey in the end!

andrea said...

I tried this one on in the store and it looked just horrible on me. I'm normally a medium or large, but they only had a small and it was still too big. It was just completely shapeless. I really liked the color and the weight of it, though.