Thursday, June 23, 2011

Makeup: when in doubt, throw it out!


Sonia Kashuk has posted a helpful primer on her blog on makeup expiration dates and when an item should be replaced. I for one am guilty of holding on to my makeup for too long, so her post is a gentle reminder to do some serious "spring cleaning". Her overall mantra is "when in doubt, throw it out!", and here are her rules:

Liquid Make-up= 12 months
Wet & dry powder foundation= 24 months
Pressed powder= 36 months
Concealer= 6 months
Eye Base= 24 months
Eye Liner pencils= 36 months
Powder blush= 36 months
Lipstick= 24 months
Lip gloss= 24 months
Lip liner pencils= 36 months
Powder eye shadow= 36 months
Mascara= 6 months
Liquid eyeliner= 6 months

PS: Speaking of Sonia, her Spring Limited Edition Collection (which I blogged about back in February) is now on sale in stores for 30% off.

1 comment:

gi-gi said...

Great to know. I don't wear make-up but I have some lip gloss that I better toss.