Friday, October 16, 2009

A Good Economic Indicator?


It used to be – during the boom times – that Target would come out with catalogs several times a year for those of us that are Target RedCard holders. They were colorful and fun to thumb through, like the one shown at left from last Fall. But everything changed about a year ago with the economic downturn. I still get direct mailers from them every once in a while that push coupons for Coke and Clorox, but that’s about it.

So I was delighted this week to receive a brand new catalog called “Festively Frugal Fall Entertaining”. It’s filled with tips from Target’s in-house designers Thomas O’Brien, Michael Graves, Rachel Ashwell (of Simply Shabby Chic) and Christiane Lemieux (of DwellStudio). There’s also recipes, decorating ideas, and even a $5 gift card for a Home Purchase of $50 or more.

I know we’re not out of the woods of this recession yet, but I still think it’s a good sign that Target has brought their catalogs back.

2 comments:

Christine said...

i didn't get mine yet :(

Target Addict said...

Christine, next time I'm in Target I'm going to ask who exactly gets these things - is it just cardholders?. My mom ususally gets one, too, but hasn't yet. And she's NOT a cardholder. It's all really weird...