Monday, April 27, 2009

Lukewarm for Loomstate...


Have you checked out the new Loomstate for Target collection yet? I have, and it left me lukewarm. For one thing, designer Rogan Gregory seems to be copying himself, because his new line is borrowing a LOT of ideas from his last one for Target. Case in point: here’s his plaid dress from last year’s line (shown) and he’s doing another one (this time with cap sleeves) this year. Last year he offered short-shorts in a black/white leopard-print; this year’s version is with black/white seagulls. And as I reported previously, the color palette from last year’s line is repeated this year, with a heavy emphasis on black, white and charcoal grey.

Also, the sizing seems to be all over the map. Some items look true to size, whereas others look to be oversized (like this blousy seagull tank). On the opposite end of the spectrum, customers have complained that this so-called “t-shirt dress” isn’t anywhere near long enough to be a dress. Perhaps Rogan meant it to be a swimsuit cover-up instead?

All that said: there is ONE piece in this collection that I liked enough to take a chance on, and that’s this LBD (little black dress). Rogan calls it “cotton silk”, although it’s made of 100% organic cotton. Whatever it’s made of, it felt light and airy and seems perfect for the hot weather ahead. I had to order it online since I could only find it in stores in a size XS, but once it arrives I’ll let you know if it’s a “yay” or a “nay”.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with you on this one--