Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday's Rant: Target's Disappointing Designer Lines


On Tuesdays I usually take the opportunity to rant about something I do NOT like about Target …because although I love them to death, they certainly ain’t perfect. Today’s rant is about the rash of disappointing designer debuts at Target. In the past 6 months, the Bullseye has given us a so-so Jonathan Saunders clothing line, a ho-hum Hayden-Harnett purse line, and a big-n-blingy Erickson-Beamon jewelry collection. I won’t even mention the McQ line. And as I talked about in yesterday’s post, we now have a lackluster Miss Trish of Capri sandal line hitting Target stores. It’s really a bummer that all of Target’s recent design collaborations have been such a letdown after all the hype and advertising. And it makes me wonder whether their next two designer collections - Loomstate (Rogan’s organic men’s and women’s wear) and Ashley Page (swimwear) – are going to be a buzzkill as well.

5 comments:

Tessa said...

I see that you have left Felix Rey off your list. I found that line to be very well done, made well and designed well.

Mary Hall, The Recessionista ™ said...

WOW Target Addict! Break it down!

Target Addict said...

Dear Books: yes, I left Felix-Rey off my list of "rants", because I also found that line well done. As I stated in a recent post, I really liked the line and have already bought one clutch bag and will probably buy one of the tote bags, too!

Unknown said...

Hey, McQ just went on sale, 30% off!!!
I bet the jumpsuit will have a "further reduction" what do you think?

Target Addict said...

MH: Yep, I call 'em like I see 'em :-)
And thanks for the McQ sale alert! I'll make sure to post a blog entry about it today.