Sunday, July 31, 2011

Product Review: dENiZEN Jeans at Target


Recently I tried on the new dENiZEN jeans (from Levi's) at Target. And I have to say, I'm somewhat impressed! You can view the entire collection here on Target.com, although in stores, they only carry the regular length jeans. I am glad that Target also offers them in short and long lengths, but you have to shop their website to get those variations.

I bought (online) two styles in the short length: the Totally Shaping Bootcut in Sterling (shown here) and the Totally Shaping at Waist Bootcut in Meadowlark. The difference is that the "Totally Shaping" is a midrise jean, and the "Totally Shaping at Waist" is a high-waisted jean. Both control your "muffin top", but for me, the "At Waist" style is TOO high. And while I DO like the Totally Shaping style - and will keep them - I wish it came in the darker "Sapphire" rinse (which is only offered in the medium length).

These jeans are already at a great price-point at $27.99 a pair, but it looks like this week Target has them on sale for just $21.99 - $24.99 each online (depending on the style). I like them a LOT better than Levi's "Curve ID" line, which I've tried on and claims to offer similar shaping. IMO, the dENiZEN line both fits better AND is a lot more wallet friendly (as Levi's Curve ID start at $58).

3 comments:

rachel.spevack said...

I just want to thank you for reviewing these jeans. Because I read your review, I looked for the dENiZEN jeans at my local Target today and tried on a few of the styles. I ended up buying a pair of the Mid Rise Boot Cut in the Medium length. I really like the way they fit and the $24.99 price can't be beat. Thanks again!

Target Addict said...

You're very welcome, Rachel!

Jenny said...

Target addict, I definitely need to thank you, I didn't give a shot before your article. After reading, it hit to the store, tried them on it fit perfectly, the cut is even better than one of my armani exchange. I got it w/ $16 (was17.99,I had super skinny girl jean in size 16), Luv it...thx...