Here's a handy checklist to help you score the haul of your dreams:
1. Sign up for email alerts from Target here. Keep in mind that now that you will receive ALL Target emails, not just those regarding the collaboration. You can also Text STYLE to TARGET (827438) for mobile updates (text STOP to 827438 to cancel).
2. If you plan to shop in person, set your alarm and plan to get there super early. Although diehards start lining up as early as 5am to guarantee a prime spot, past collabs prove that turning up by at least 7am is acceptable.
3. If you'd rather shop from home, keep in mind that former designer collabs have landed online between midnight and 3:00am. A Target rep tells Racked.com that the collection will go live on Target.com in the "early morning hours," but they aren't able to give a specific time. Also: the online launch will feature 29 exclusive styles (available only online) and guests will be limited to just 3 of the same item.
2. Know ahead of time what you want to buy; review the Lim lookbook and create a plan of attack.
3. Choose wisely. A Target rep tells Racked.com that there's a limited supply of each item in stores - and items will not be replenished throughout the day - so stay focused.
5. Know your return rules. Target typically allows returns within 90 days with tags and receipt, both in-store and online. But special rules sometimes apply to designer collaborations - as was the case with last holiday's Neiman-Marcus collection - so read your receipt carefully for any disclaimers.
6. Don't give up. Returns happen, and you might get what you had your heart set on in upcoming weeks after someone else has buyer's remorse.