Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Fab Find: Threshold Olive Bowl

As mentioned before, I'm a big fan of the Threshold line at Target.  IMHO, their offerings surpass many of the items in the Nate Berkus for Target collection, and they consistently keep introducing new items every few weeks.  So you can imagine my delight when I found this lovely little bird bowl sitting randomly on an endcap in the Home Decor section.  I was even more delighted when the bowl rang up on clearance for a paltry $1.79!  The sticker on the bottom calls it an "olive bowl", but I'll be using it on my nightstand to hold my jewelry instead.

7 comments:

J.CrewJD said...

So cute! Target has the greatest housewares.

Critifur said...

That is cool! I am also so impressed with Threshold, though are they releasing product at a brake neck speed? I cannot keep up, and neither can my wallet. I just picked up an amazing rustic, beautifully ceramic green vase and a rag(rug) woven picture frame.

Critifur said...

beautifully rustic..

tina said...

I want!

NicMont said...

I went searching for Christmas clearance, but what I really wanted to find was this adorable bowl... and guess what!! One lonely olive bowl left on an endcap, just for me. It rang up at $1.79 (and the receipt said 'candy dish') but I couldn't be any happier with my find. Thank you for the heads up!

aBeautyFairy said...

This is darling, I'll have to try to hunt one down.

Music said...

That bowl is great find. I LOVE the Threshold line. It's actually the best thing Target has going at the moment. I picked up a Mid-Century inspired mirror on clearance in the fall.

There are about three groupings out right now. One has a Dorothy Draper-inspired accessories with a simplified modern feel - beachy colors. There's also a set that seems to be travel inspired with batik/ikat patterns. Of course, I keep getting suckered in by weird ceramic animals (now it's parrots) and other useless figurines.

Critifur - did you see the bench that matches the picture frame? I strikes me as quite well made - like a cheerier cousin to a more expensive item from West Elm or CB2.