Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Double-Take: Tibi vs. Mossimo

It's time for another double-take, where we take one item from Target and match it up against a lookalike - and much pricer - designer piece. This one will be a bit different because instead of making you guess, I'm going to give it away.  The dress on the left was featured on the Cupcakes & Cashmere blog yesterday; blogger Emily is wearing a lovely emerald green peplum dress from Tibi, which will set you back almost $400.  Seeing this fetching green dress immediately made me think of this version from Mossimo (at Target) which costs less than $30 and comes in 6 different colors (including Hedge Green, shown here). Yes, the Mossimo version has short sleeves and a slightly different peplum, whereas the Tibi one is sleeveless and has added a belt.  But other than that, the looks are strikingly similar.

3 comments:

hush said...

Love the Target version! Very Joan from Mad Men!

floating thru fields said...

The target version is really cute! I tried it on, it's a very nice knit material

Anonymous said...

I like the Target version better. I saw the black version at my local store and probably would have bought it if they had my size. It looked very versatile.