Friday, May 8, 2009

Loomstate revisited...


As I wrote about last week, I'm a bit lukewarm on the latest Loomstate for Target line. Nonetheless, I did order this summery LBD (little black dress) and had promised to give everyone an update on whether it was a "keeper" or not. And happily, it is! The fabric is light and lovely (called “cotton silk”, it's made of 100% organic cotton) and seems perfect for very warm weather. The dress has cute details like pintucking in front, a key-hole back, and three little seagulls screenprinted in charcoal gray on the back right shoulder (but this graphic touch is really subtle, so don't worry about it looking "weird" or out of place). Some other things to note: IMO, the neckline is a bit lower than pictured at left (but not too low) and for me (I'm 5'4") the dress is not quite as short as shown. I also personally wouldn't wear this dress with sneakers; rather, it lends itself perfectly to summer sandals or flats.

All that said, this dress is definitely a "yay", and a great buy at just $39.99.

2 comments:

Christina Lee said...

ooh i missed this one somehow!

Target Addict said...

Hey Christina! I have actually gone back and bought even more Loomstate since this post. Got the knit tank tops in both colors (grey/black and grey/pink) as well as the dolphin t-shirt. I'm liking this line more and more!