Monday, November 6, 2017

My Review: Hearth and Hand With Magnolia

Unfortunately, I was battling a stomach bug (ugh!) over the weekend, so I didn't get to Target yesterday until mid-day. By that time, the frenzy over the new Hearth and Hand With Magnolia collection was in full swing. There were more than a dozen women buzzing around the huge-house display and grabbing things up left and right.

But this collab was different... first, the display itself - and the thoughtful way the goods were arranged - was much more like a high-end department store than a big-box retailer. While browsing, I felt like I was looking at merchandise at Williams-Sonoma or Crate & Barrel vs. Tar-jay. And the goods themselves seem well-made and well-designed. In fact, after going back last night and perusing the Home section of the Magnolia Market website, I found many similar items to the ones in the Target collab. In fact, I'll be doing a "Look for Less" post on that topic later this week.

The other difference with this collab - at least on launch day - was that there were dedicated Target employees around to help customers and ask if they needed anything. If an item they wanted wasn't out on the floor, the employees would look for them in the back or try to get them from another store. And if an item was depleted on the shelf - as the Christmas wreaths were - they were on hand with additional stock to replenish the supply.

Despite really liking this collection, I didn't buy anything. Don't get me wrong: there was a LOT to like, and if I had loads of $, I'd probably go crazy and buy a ton of the holiday decor and coordinating dishes. I may go back to the website and order a few things, although some choice items - like this glass and brass candle holder - is already sold out online and selling out fast in stores.  Overall I think this line is going to do very well, and I'm glad that Hearth & Hand is a long term partnership with Target and not just a one-time holiday thing.

No comments: