Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Everything old is new again...

As I wrote about two months ago, Target's new brand A New Day seems awfully like their old brand Merona, despite the claim that A.N.D. is supposed to be more "hip" and "edgy". Case in point: on the left is a pic of one of the last Merona items I bought back in July: a rust-red chunky cowl neck sweater. And on the right is the same exact sweater from A.N.D., for the same price ($29.99).

And I'm not just judging by the pics: I actually found this sweater in the store and saw for myself that it was exactly the same as the Merona one, only there was the A.N.D. tag sewn in it instead. Likewise, a quick search on Target.com shows other A.N.D. versions of old Merona favorites - like this colorblock hooded car coat and this plaid pullover sweater. My point is that if you've been mourning the loss of Merona (as I have) give A.N.D. a chance. That said, I haven't been entirely impressed by the quality of A.N.D., as it seems lower than compared with Merona. And Target isn't living up to the claim that this new brand will have better price points, as thus far prices are trending the same as Merona.

5 comments:

Ericka Autiegirl said...

so id love to share these on social media... why isnt there any share buttons?

Sarah said...

Much of the Studio 62 stuff is rebranded Threshold stuff.

Chacha said...

I've been appalled by the quality of some of their sweaters. Lower the price point! And some of Studio 62 is reimiscent of Dwell mid-century modern.

Target Addict said...

Chacha: I agree. This particular sweater is fine, but the bow-sleeve one I blogged about a couple of weeks ago is super-thin. And Studio 62 IS similar to Dwell Studio, which never did that well. I think Studio 62 is intended to compete with the likes of West Elm and Ikea furniture, but I still prefer the Threshold stuff.

Lola said...

Well I'm glad to hear this, I'm a big fan of Merona. I picked up a long cardigan last month and it's very similar to some Merona ones I already had (except it's striped and my others are solid).