Sunday, February 8, 2009

Pick of the Week

It's Pick of the Week time: each week I pick one great buy from Target's Weekly ad (in the Sunday newspaper) and highlight it here on my blog. Now Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and I realize that candy is still a popular gift option for this holiday. If you have a local candy shop where you live, that’s probably your best bet; the delectables there will most likely be fresher and more unique than mass-produced budget chocolates (like Hershey’s or Nestle brands). And you could also opt for See’s Candy – a classic to be sure – but See’s always reminds me of my grandmother and is a little too “old school” for my tastes. Instead, I’d go for Choxie from Target. I’ve tried them and Choxie’s chocolates are surprisingly good, and come in brightly-patterned attractive packaging, perfect for gift-giving. And this week, all Choxie is on sale, including the 8-piece signature collection and 16-piece dessert cup box (both shown) for just $12 each, as well as their espresso caramels and chocolate-covered fruit for only $4.49 each.

No comments: