Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Missoni for Target now showing up at Goodwill


As I had feared, any current Missoni for Target returns to stores are now being donated to Goodwill outlets vs. being sold at Target. Which means if you're waiting for any unwanted Missoni Christmas gifts to show up in stores, you're out of luck. Why did I suspect this? Because Target has a 90-day return policy, and the first day of the Missoni-madness was back on Sept. 13th. That would have made the 90-day mark around Dec. 13th, and Target's policy (which I first wrote about back in 2009) is to donate unsold merchandise to Goodwill stores around the country. A recent eBay discussion thread has proven my theory correct, with Missoni items starting to show up at Goodwill as of last week.

5 comments:

heidi said...

yep, there were 4 pairs of the suede pumps and two green missoni for target sweaters at a goodwill i visited on sunday, as well as a pair of tights!

Anne said...

I picked up a pair of rain boots and a metallic thread cardigan at GW recently. I also saw a pair of the suede pumps a couple of weeks ago.

tina said...

I just got the sweater vest in the mail TODAY that I ordered in September!!!

L.M. said...

Very interesting. I thought that there would be tons of returns around the 90 day mark but nope. It was odd, my Target got tons of stuff, and lots of returns. Then, around Halloween, the returns vanished. I will have to check out Goodwill.

L.M. said...

You can actually bid on it online via goodwill! I just got a purse/tote for $43. Go to this site and thanks Target addict for telling us about it being at Goodwill!
www.shopgoodwill.com

Not ridiculous like Ebay. They start the bidding usually under $10!