Monday, May 31, 2010

An interview with Sonia Kashuk...


Check out the Q & A session that The Recessionista has posted with makeup artist Sonia Kashuk. While I knew that Sonia had been with Target for quite some time (11 years) I had no idea that it was she that initiated the first contact with Target and suggested the partnership (vs. the other way around). She also states that the one essential product that she recommends for women is foundation... which is ironic, because I have fallen in love with her new Perfecting Luminous Foundation and will be "raving" about it later this week.

Another revelation is that Sonia keeps a blog, which you can check out here. It's full of makeup tips & tricks, and insights into working behind the scenes at fashion shows and events.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! Thanks so much for the shout out and link love! :) I got to ask the question on the one beauty product that Sonia and Jillian would recommend. I have to tell you, I was REALLY impressed by Sonia. She seems to be a really excellent business woman as well as a great creator of make-up. And her talk was really inspiring, especially when she shared that there are ups and downs in starting your own business, but that when you get a NO instead of a YES, you should just "re-energize and hurdle again." I loved that! What a great message.
For her, it's all about staying the course, and working on a quality product.
Mary, The Recessionista

D e g a i n e said...

great post!

D E G A I N E

http://www.fashiondegaine.com

Target Addict said...

Thanks for the additional insights, Mary! What a great attitude Sonia has; I need to remember that "re-energize and hurdle again" mantra :-)